2014/10/22

Whisper #150-182

#150
The professionals

#151
You shouldn’t be surprised. Because that’s not something just came up. It was part of them from the beginning. You just didn’t know it.

#152
The art of expressing things by not saying them.

#153
Somewhere between admiration and acknowledgement

#154
This cappuccino makes me cry.

#155
Those dinner plates didn’t work as an insurance.

#156
Young waitress in Vegas earns more than a doctor.

#157
Goldfish gathers in the shadow.

#158
We didn’t have common language to communicate. But she was eager to talk to me. We pulled up our dictionary, notebook and pens. We looked up many words, drew pictures and exchanged gestures. We tried for 6 hours.

#159
It was her return flight to her hometown. She visited her husband but he was too busy to be with her. She spent 3 months in solitude, because she doesn’t know anyone nor understand the word people say.

#160
She just wanted to tell someone how lonely she was.

#161
We didn’t exchange names but we talked so many things about ourselves. Family, work, friends, society around us, past. We only had 6 hours. And we both knew we will never meet again.

#162
I still think about her sometimes. I hope she’s well.

#163
 (She said she has a young lover in town.)

#164
Baking in the middle of typhoon

#165
If you watch Gibli movie and cry, you’re an adult. Kids will laugh out loud when they watch it.

#166
It's been a year already. I thought you were joking. I laughed and mildly shocked. But I really didn't understand what you meant.

#167
What do they do? Don’t they always say nasty things to nice people and try to stop them?

#168
Come closer, here it’s safe.

#169
Creating an error-free obedient android girl of your dreams?
That’s funny. You know you’ll get bored if everything goes as you imagined.

#170
People say Japanese people are afraid of speaking English. From my experience, people who mock their English the most are Japanese.

#171
At the business dinner table, he was the highest rank and I was the lowest. 
He was the only person who stood up when I returned from the bathroom.

#172
Ah, my Eliza Doolittle moment.

#173
But later I understood that the gentlemanliness is in fact an attitude to show off to other men, not ladies.

#174
This moment. This, this, this moment. 

#175
I think your magic is fading.

#176
My mind was made up to do it until I turned that corner.
That gas station corner had some power to bring me back to the mundane life.

#177
2 months later, I decided to choose another route. So I didn’t have to turn that corner.

#178
If your audience didn't laugh at your joke, check if your joke was funny before blaming the interpreters.

#179
You always forget to capitalize letters. You must be a programmer.

#180
Absolute distance between us

#181
You don't have to relate or justify your contradiction. You don't even need to hide that there is. I'll understand.

#182
Re: I'm sorry for misunderstanding you


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...