2015/11/10

[Good evening Tuesday] Dream Dictionary



Although there are some views and opinions, I think it’s fair to say that dreams are some kind of projection of one’s subconscious. It’s like a real feeling or desire hidden underneath the thick cover or lid, and it opens only while you’re asleep. Some use them to predict future, some use them to measure attention from others. I cannot put them into such practical use, but I take that as a message from deep inside of myself and use it to understand what I’m honestly feeling.

I have a dream dictionary which I’ve been using since I was a teenager (I think I have one before this but can’t recall it anymore). And whenever I saw something strange or new in my dream, I look up and seek what it signifies. I’ve been doing this for more than 2 decades, and I think I’m pretty good at analyzing them in my own way.

What you have to remember when you use this type of dictionary or website is that their interpretation is not always appropriate, and you should only take them as a hint. Because if you have special memory or feeling towards specific item, their so-called “universal” interpretation cannot be applied. (Say, when a baker dreams about “bread” it should mean different to him/her than other people.)

And there are some items which you cannot find in the dictionary. In my case, when certain thing or person repeatedly shows up in my dream, I consider this as a symbol of something which only makes sense to me, and start exploring what it is. So ultimately, I guess each of us need to build our own dream dictionary.. Lately there’s one person who often shows up in my dream in meaningful way, and I’ve been wondering what this is telling me. It may surprise me or reveal some unbearable facts… :)

If you look for a dream dictionary (and there are many websites), I personally recommend you to see the ones written in your language. Because these interpretation is heavily based on the cultural and religious background.

One of the dreams (or nightmare) which I repeatedly see is, a dream about the day before my high school graduation. This dream always starts from joyful feeling “Yes! I’m now all set to go to university and all I have to do is having fun at graduation ceremony!” and then all of the sudden I realize that I haven’t attended single math class in the school and don’t have enough credits to graduate. There are slight changes in the story, but it’s always about the “day before the graduation” and “math”. Should I take this as a fear of forgetting something important, or necessity to learn high school math properly…? I wonder.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...